Friday 11 March 2011

Regality - from Windsor to Wales and (Royal) Tunbridge Wells

Img_0076

To quote 'Ol' Blue Eyes' - "and now, the end is near..."

This week has seen me go up and down the M4 corridor starting on Monday when I was in Windsor, her majesty wasn't in that day unfortuneately so we had to reschedue our afternoon tea for another time. Perhaps in Balmoral I suggested... One is still awaiting her reply

The Nero itself was in the station concourse and seeing as it was a Monday afternoon was a bit quiet - nevertheless Sarah and myself had a good time and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Tuesday saw us arrive in Bristol, my old stomping ground. I don't get to go back to Bristol as much these days but sufficed to say little has changed since I was there as a student. The first Nero we played was on Union St, just opposite the old Castle Park. We then headed up Park St to play the Nero opposite the Wills Memorial Building. I can't believe it's almost 5 years since I was standing outside there in my gown getting my degree, how time flies!

Wednesday and we were back home in Wales - it always warms my heart when I cross the Severn Bridge and see that sign 'Croeso i Gymru'.

The Nero opposite Cardiff Castle was pretty full and it felt like a 'proper gig' as some might say - a nice homecoming for both me and Sarah, that's for sure!

Which brings me to yesterday and Tunbridge Wells - I was intrigued as to why there was a 'Royal' in front of its name so I decided to look it up and this is what I got from Wikipedia - The prefix "Royal" dates to 1909, when King Edward VII granted the town its official "Royal" title to celebrate its popularity over the years amongst members of the royal family.[20] Royal Tunbridge Wells is one of only two towns in England to have been granted this (the other being Royal Leamington Spa) - so there you have it - don't tell me these blogs aren't insightful :)

This was a strange old gig - I had the feeling that not many people were paying attention - one gentleman who sat right in front of me was wearing huge headphones which made me laugh. However after the set I was pleasantly surprised by how many people came and bought a CD so goes to show I guess you never can tell who is listening....!!

Today I'm in Hove and then tomorrow I have my first day off in 3 weeks!!! Here's to watching a Welsh victory in the rugby :)

I'll report to you tomorrow on how everything goes

 

No comments:

Post a Comment